New Patents Show Honda Six-Cylinder Cafe Racer

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 11 เมษายน 2019

By Inter News on 11 เมษายน 2019 at 19:43
  1. Inter News

Inter News Moderator ทีมงานสมาชิก

ข้อความ:
    The Bike The World Needs​

A six-hole engine on a cafe racer sounds pretty sweet to me, and that’s exactly what Honda has in one of its latest patent filings. MoreBikes uncovered the filing and claims the publication knew the bike was coming. It may have known, but I didn’t, so I’m downright giddy about the possibility of this motorcycle.

Judging by the design of the bike in the patent filing, it will be a kind of funky retro cafe-racer motorcycle. That will work well in Honda’s new Neo-Sports Cafe line of motorcycles. Of course, there’s no guarantee that this motorcycle will come to production with the same styling as is on the patent filing. There’s no guarantee that the motorcycle will come to production at all. However, seeing where Honda has taken its Neo-Sports Cafe line recent, I would expect it to make this a reality at some point.

Now let’s talk about what’s at the heart of this bike, the engine. It has six-cylinders in a line, appears to be liquid-cooled, and looks awesome. The exhaust is split three to each side, as makes sense. MoreBikes suggests the engine could use some of the mechanicals from the Honda Gold Wing.

That engine is a different configuration. There’s no indication of displacement with the patent filing. I would be skeptical of that. It would make sense to have high displacement, but it would be surprising if it were as big as the Gold Wing’s mill. I don’t think it has to be.

If Honda can make this bike work and keep the fantastic cafe racer styling, I want one. It will be interesting to see what happens with this design in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The post New Patents Show Honda Six-Cylinder Cafe Racer appeared first on Web Bike World.

ความคิดเห็น

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 11 เมษายน 2019

แบ่งปันหน้านี้