Honda Files Patent to Let You Change Your Riding Position

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 20 พฤษภาคม 2019

By Inter News on 20 พฤษภาคม 2019 at 23:52
  1. Inter News

Inter News Moderator ทีมงานสมาชิก

ข้อความ:
    Go From Sport to Sport Tourer​

If you could change the riding position on your motorcycle, you would have no need to own multiple bikes. I mean, you still would, but that’s beside the point. Honda has this in mind with the new patent spotted by MoreBikes. The patent shows a CBR1000RR with adjustable handlebars and screen. This means you could go from a touring position to a sport riding position very easily.

As MoreBikes points out, Yamaha had a similar idea a few years back. Honda must have thought it was a good idea because now the company has its own patent. There’s really nothing crazy going on here. The handlebars are telescoping and this allows you to have a more upright seating position. This would be excellent for sport-touring riders who really want to get after it in the twisties, or for someone, as I mentioned above, who loves touring and sport riding but only wants to own one bike.

The windscreen will also go up and down, making it easier to sit upright for long periods of time. This is really an ingenious solution by Honda, even though they kind of stole the idea for it from Yamaha. However, the implementation is different than Yamaha’s.

Honda will likely make this an electronic adjustment, but I could see it working as a manual adjustment, too. Many cars have manually adjusting steering wheels, so why can’t we have that on motorcycles. My hat’s off to Honda. I hope this makes it to the production bike sometime soon.

The post Honda Files Patent to Let You Change Your Riding Position appeared first on Web Bike World.

ความคิดเห็น

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 20 พฤษภาคม 2019

แบ่งปันหน้านี้