What Cities Have the Most Motorcycle Commuters?

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 1 เมษายน 2019

By Inter News on 1 เมษายน 2019 at 19:52
  1. Inter News

Inter News Moderator ทีมงานสมาชิก

ข้อความ:
    These Folks Commute on Two Wheels​

Commuting on a motorcycle is one of the most economical ways to get to work. It doesn’t make sense in all areas of North America at all times of the year, but it’s something I highly encourage more people to do. If you own a motorcycle and the weather’s nice, you’d better be riding to work.

With that said, the number of people doing this seems to be pretty small. It’s either that or the number of people actually reporting to the folks keeping track is small. Either way, I’d like to see more of us out there during the week riding to and from work, if possible.

Anyway, the Central Park Bike Rental out of New York City did a recent study that looked at how people commute in the 30 most populated metro areas across the U.S. The group looked at everything from walking to riding a ferry to driving a car. Motorcycles were on the list, and the group was able to identify the top cities for motorcycle commuters. Here’s the list:

1. Bremerton-Silverdale, WA
    2. Gainesville, FL
    3. Honolulu, HI
    4. Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ
    5. Tucson, AZ

The results were ranked by the percentage of people per the cities population. Because that’s the case, more people in Honolulu actually ride to work than they do in Bremerton-Silverdale, but there are more people in Honolulu so Bremerton-Silverdale has a higher percentage.

The results are somewhat surprising. I don’t find Arizona, Hawaii, or Florida to be that surprising, but I would have expected California and maybe Texas to be on the list. What this really tells me is that we need more riders to get out there and commute on their bikes.

I know commuting on your motorcycle isn’t always ideal, but it’d save you money in gas and probably put you in a better mood when you arrive to work and give you something to look forward to at the end of the day.

The post What Cities Have the Most Motorcycle Commuters? appeared first on Web Bike World.

ความคิดเห็น

การสนทนาใน 'Inter News' เริ่มโดย Inter News, 1 เมษายน 2019

แบ่งปันหน้านี้